British people had trouble pronouncing Visakhapatnam, thus they used to spell it Vizagapatam (pronounced as Vee-Zaag-ah-paat-ahm). As a result, the name changed throughout time and was eventually abbreviated to Vizag.
Visits to Visakhapatnam offer a wealth of attractions. a city with a rich history and destiny. The locations and scenery are amazing and have a cozy vibe! It serves as the state’s business hub, industrial hub, and information technology center.
The geography of the city makes it possible to travel to a number of locations in Visakhapatnam. They have placed a lot of significance on Vizag tourism because it is the commercial center of Andhra Pradesh. There are some well-kept beaches and historical sites in Vizag that are worth visiting.
The Trip is one of the destinations to come for coastal vacations because of its renowned for its beautiful landscapes and calm beaches. The port of Vizag, which houses the oldest shipyard in the nation as well as several man-made and natural wonders, is a must-see location in South India.
A city with a rich history and destiny. The locations and scenery are amazing and have a cozy vibe! It serves as the state’s business hub, industrial hub, and information technology center.
Vizag is aptly referred to as “The Jewel of the East” since it is nestled within the Eastern Ghats, with appealing lush green hills on one side and lovely golden sand beaches on the other. Visitors to the city shouldn’t skip out on the city’s natural beauty or its fascinating history.
Things To Do In Vizag
- Be inside a real submarine.
- Ride a ropeway to Kailasagiri.
- Get your adrenaline pumping at Rushikonda.
- Get a spiritual high at Simhachalam.
- Take an evening stroll at Rama Krishna Beach.
- Climb the Dolphin’s Nose lighthouse.
- At the Araku Tribal Museum, savor the culture.
- Explore the Borra Caves.
Unique Shopping Places In Vizag
- Old Book Market. Old Book Market (source)
- CMR Shopping Mall. CMR Shopping Mall.
- Jagadamba Center.
- Lepakshi Handicrafts. Lepakshi Handicrafts (source).
- Kurupam Market. Jewelry at Kurupam Market (source)
- Daba Gardens. Sports House, Daba Gardens (source)
- S R Shopping Mall.
Ten Breathtaking sights in Visakhapatnam at night
- View of the Port and Harbor.
- Thoughts from and on a drive by Tenneti Park.
- View of bedecked Indian Naval ships.
- View of INS Kursura.
- View of street life on Beach Road.
- View of Dolphin’s Nose lighthouse.
- The idea of and from Novotel and Gateway
- Views of Simhachalam Temple
- View from VUDA Kailasagiri
Vizag’s Assam Muga Silk
It is, very properly, the distinguishing feature of Assamese culture. The Muga silk saree in Vizag gives your wardrobe the much-needed brightness it needs because Muga in Assamese means golden.
A vacation to Visakhapatnam is lovely in the manner it allows you to discover who you are and what you can become in the future so that you can leave your mark on the city’s land.
The journey to Visakhapatnam aids you in every aspect in your quest for self-discovery.